Pages

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Noelle's Funnies - Still making me laugh







To commemorate her 79th birthday, actress/vocalist, Julie Andrews made a special appearance at Manhattan 's Radio City Music Hall for a benefit. One of the musical numbers she performed was 'My Favorite Things' from the legendary movie 'Sound Of Music' .

Here are the lyrics she used:

 Botox and nose drops and needles for knitting, Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings, Bundles of magazines tied up in string, These are a few of my favorite things.

Cadillac's and cataracts, hearing aids and glasses, Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses, Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings, These are a few of my favorite things.

When the pipes leak, When the bones creak, When the knees go bad, I simply remember my favorite things, And then I don't feel so bad.

Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions, No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions, Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring, These are a few of my favorite things.

Back pain, confused brains and no need for sinnin', Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin', And we won't mention our short shrunken frames, When we remember our favorite things.

When the joints ache, When the hips break, When the eyes grow dim,

Then I remember the great life I've had, And then I don't feel so bad.

(Ms. Andrews received a standing ovation from the crowd that lasted over four minutes and repeated encores. Please share Ms. Andrews' clever wit and humor with others who would appreciate it.)


If you cant tell, Noelle loves telling old age jokes.  I guess its how she deals with it because she keeps telling me "Dont Get Old".  Her body might be giving in but her mind is a sharp as a needle.   Take a look at her other jokes under the relevant tab.  

Thanks For Visiting Living In The Land Of Oz

6 comments:

  1. love julie andrews & thanx for the write out of her song LOL. got a good giggle from that
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cracker - love Julie Andrews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We empathise with her sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One very clever lady and a brilliant performer too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I enjoy making connections with my readers. Hope you enjoyed your visit.