Pages

Sunday 25 May 2014

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!


This post is a shout out to my friend Noelle who is the last few days has had her hip replaced.  Always willing to give others a laugh she is not feeling so funny at the moment.  I've watched a hip replacement op on YouTube (doesn't everybody - seriously my mother was going to have one) and it is brutal - very unladylike and i just couldn't picture my mother having it.

Gosh Noelle, that cartoon above actually looks a bit like you!  No one wants their friends to be in pain but sometimes its a welcome thing if it means a future without disabling pain every day.   Its been a long long wait on the public health waiting list and so we are all thankful that she finally made it up the list.  Not before time as in the last year things have deteriorated so much her quality of life has really fallen.

One of Noelle's favourite saying is "Don't get old, it stinks".  She is like my Mum in that they are both fully vibrant people with so much get up and go and plenty of things to do but trapped in old people's bodies.  Its so frustrating for them.  It makes me mad to hear much younger people in their 50's and 60's say they are too tired or too old to do things.

So, today its time to liven things up and bring a smile to my friend.  I'm hoping that the drugs are good and that she can make her way to a tablet or her PC.



I've sure gotten old!
I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees, fought prostate cancer and diabetes.
I'm half blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject t o blackouts. Have bouts with dementia.
Have poor circulation; hardly feel my hands and feet anymore. Can't remember if I'm 85 or 92.
Have lost all my friends.
But, thank God, I still have my driver's license.

Here is one Noelle for when you start doing your exercises - 

I feel like my body has gotten totally out of shape, so I got my doctor's permission to join a fitness club and start exercising.
I decided to take an aerobics class for seniors.
I bent, twisted, gyrated, jumped up and down, and perspired for an hour.
But, by the time I got my leotards on, the class was over.



It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.



As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang.
Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him,
"Herman, I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on Interstate 77.
Please be careful!"
”Heck”,said Herman,
"It's not just one car. It's hundreds of them!"


OK, lunch time is over.  If any of my readers know anymore funny stories to cheer Noelle up then pass them along.

Thanks for Visiting Living In The Land of Oz

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about Noelle, but you certainly cheered up my day! Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I enjoy making connections with my readers. Hope you enjoyed your visit.