Pages

Wednesday 18 June 2014

The Edible Garden - Alys Fowler



I've been enjoying this series on YouTube called The Edible Garden.  There are many great ideas for people with small gardens like mine.  Alys Fowler demonstrates how to gain maximum growth of veggies for your family and flowers for beauty using the principles of permaculture.   There are lots of crafty extras incorporated eg. in the first episode she discusses how to make wicker trellises.  I can just picture myself sitting down with a certain hippy and a big pile of willow between us.      

Part 1 of 6 - Peas & Beans

Part 2 of 6 - Salads

Part 3 of 6 - Roots and Leafy Greens

Part 4 of 6 - Juicy Fruits

Part 5 of 6 - Flowers & Herbs

Part 6 of 6 - Winter Larder

This series was published back in 2010 and as usual I'm late to the party.  This doesn't make it any less enjoyable.  If you want more of Alys, she writes a weekly gardening column in TheGuardian - here   and is the author of the following books that can be purchased online:

Thrifty Forager
The Edible Garden
The Thrifty Gardener

I hope you enjoy.

Thanks for Living In The Land of Oz

4 comments:

  1. Come raid our local willow trees then I'll clear the table, ready to go. The ends of willow in the soil MUST be dead though or we will be in big trouble for planting noxious weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could just picture willow obelisks all over your garden. Perhaps that can be a Christmas present but you might need them before then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just watched the first episode.
    Charming and informative :)

    Thanks for the links

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lynda. I will check out that YouTube series. I still have a lot to learn where gardening is concerned and I'd better learn quickly as I am no spring chicken anymore. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I enjoy making connections with my readers. Hope you enjoyed your visit.