Pages

Saturday 17 January 2015

You Too Can Be Beautiful


Nope, I'm not giving make-up advice or recommending a plastic surgeon.  I was raised to believe that WHO you are on the inside is reflected on your outward appearance. Not everyone looks like a model (i certainly don't) but by being clean, groomed and by paying attention to your spiritual and emotional health you can be more beautiful than you thought possible.  Certainly you can avoid that deep crease between your brows if your face is relaxed, fresh and smiling.  You don't need a lot of money, only personal effort.



I've put together just a few thoughts on how to be a beautiful person inside.  I'm a work in progress.  If you are as well, feel free to add onto my list in the comments and I'll edit them in.

Negativity is a curse to all, including you. It makes you grumpy and turns you into someone that no-one would want to be with.  Find the positives in any situation or at the very least look for the opportunity to improve a negative one.   Being positive is a choice YOU make.


Offering the best of yourself to others is truly a gift and one that is often a catalyst for friendships. I value my friends like gold. Why wouldn't anyone want to spend time with you?.  You make them feel good.  Giving compliments and encouragement to others (including strangers) feeds your soul as well as theirs.  Bringing a smile to someones face is a gift to yourself.  The gift is in the giving as well as the receiving.



There's a saying "rubbish in, rubbish out".   I'm not talking about what we eat and drink but about what you watch on TV,  what you listen too, where you go and who you spend your time with. If it or they don't add something positive to your life then why have it in your life?  Its a personal preference but i don't watch horror movies, or anything with gratuitous violence.  Aggression frightens me so why would i choose to allow it into my home.  Why would i volunteer to experience negative feelings when i can i can choose to grow with positive experiences.  



Sometimes, we don't have a choice in situations and we just have to deal with stuff.  We should all be like Taylor Swift and "Shake it off, Shake it Off" rather than brood and wallow in the muck.  Self pity is definitely not attractive on anyone.  Just watch people run away or make excuses to leave.

 

Don't dwell on what you cant do but what you can.  We all have special and unique gifts that when we give them our attention and focus we can shine with confidence.   No one is expected to know everything.  Gosh, that would be tiring.  So admit what you cant do, ask for help (usually it makes people feel good when you ask them for help) and focus on your special gifts.



I could go on and on but I'm hoping you get my drift with what I'm so poorly expressing.  Let your light shine and you will be a bright as a star.  

Thanks for Visiting Living In The Land of Oz

2 comments:

  1. This is the most beautiful post, I love the saying if only eyes saw souls we would have a different opinion on what beauty is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, lovely thoughts I must say.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I enjoy making connections with my readers. Hope you enjoyed your visit.