Pages

Sunday 26 October 2014

Packing Crate Magic - Potting Bench



Ta Da!    The moratorium on projects was lifted a few weeks ago and yet again i turned to a free packing crate from work.  




There is no lengthy instructions of "how to".  Six legs ($2 pine offcuts) were added using screws,  holes were drilled into the bottom of the crate for drainage and the pieces of wood which hold the lid on were cut off. Thanks, as usual, go to my onsite tradesman, Rob.  This could have been turned into a veggie trug but i really needed somewhere to put my seedlings or small pots.  There was an extreme amount of gum on the bottom and so i don't think its going to rot in a hurry but just in case it has a full 2L (double coat) of acrylic extreme external paint that has UV protection and mould resistance.  I checked the miss tint table and got exactly the colour i wanted for $16. A light grey to contrast against the blue fence.

See those red splotches?


Well those splotches are my childish attempts at adding some ladybug characters just for fun.  I'm sure ill get better so bare with me. i can only get better.



So what have you been busy doing?   Check out my projects tab for other creations made from pallets and packing crates.

Thanks for Visiting Living In The Land Of Oz


4 comments:

  1. I am jealous. That looks just great, Lynda. How do you come up with those ideas? I think I need to borrow your tradesman to get some things built here. What is wrong with those ladybugs? I thought they must have been stickers at first. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks awesome, well done. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, it looks lovely and your lady birds look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are so creative and a clever cookie as well. You can come and live at my house. I love your lady birds.
    I spent the day at work doing a 12 hour shift .
    I have a heap of Earth Garden magazines with your name on them and a grape cutting.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I enjoy making connections with my readers. Hope you enjoyed your visit.